Friday, October 26, 2012

Movie Review: 'Student Of The Year'

I could restrict my anger and be polite if some tyro director had wasted my time like this. 

Did Karan Johar totally lose it that he kept the first half of the movie poorly imitating F-Tv with the over-abundance of thrust-upon songs? The major part of the movie shows only the contemporary college with fit and flashy boys and chicks in scanties. They sing songs, flirt around, dance and take part in a competition that is seen more challenging than getting a full scholarship from Harvard. If you go for the movie, here is your experience. A song worse than a patch starts and you step out to save yourself. After buying pop-corn or nachos to kill your time when you enter again, you would see a different song with the same jokers jumping around. I mean what the freaking hell is this? How would a title-winning guy at the last moment get time to even bother about gauging the facial expression of a person in the audience and turn into a divine soul to teach him a lesson? Spare me, dude. 

If I see from half-glass-full viewpoint then also only these bearable things emerge – two hummable songs, Alia’s screen presence and Varun Dhawan’s comparatively better performance. I could empathise with the fatty guy who during the end of the movie shows his outburst, saying ‘Student Of The Year, my ass’. He truly reflects the sentiment of the audience. To answer in the language of one of the songs, forget ishq wala love or x wala y, it was really bakwaas wala crap. Keeping my calm, if I am to summarize then the movie SOTY is really the Sucker Of The Year.

No comments: